How does digital signage enhance event management?
Digital signage is like a trusty sidekick for event management, helping you keep things running smoothly without breaking a sweat.
Imagine you’ve got a massive multi-day event with delegates scattered all over the place. Or a concert with thousands of screaming fans arriving at your venue for the first time. That’s when digital signage steps in, ensuring everyone finds their way to the next big thing without any hassle.
So, how can you use digital signage to make event management a breeze? We’ll cover 11 different ways you can use it to optimise your efficiency and profitability.
- Improve visibility: Make sure everyone has a good view of the speaker or artist by using a large format display like an LED wall to improve attendee’s visibility of what’s going on no matter where they are. If a venue doesn’t already have an LED wall display installed, these can be hired for a specific event.
- Reduce Waste: No need for printed banners and endless printouts of the agenda or menu. Everything can be displayed on screens, saving paper and keeping it eco-friendly.
- Last-Minute Changes: Got a speaker change or a seating plan re-shuffle? No sweat. Digital signage lets you make those tweaks in a jiffy, ensuring your event runs smoothly.
- Venue Flexibility: Transform the vibe of your event space with a flick of a switch. Show sector-specific or event-themed content on displays (large and/or small) and set the mood just the way you want it.
- Social Media Engagement: Get the attendees involved. Showcase a live social media feed on screens, encouraging everyone to join the conversation with the event’s hashtag or account to add new followers and create a real buzz.
- Wayfinding: No more wandering in confusion. Use screens to guide people to where they need to be either via an interactive wayfinding map or with simple instructions. It’s like having a digital compass for your event.
- Promotions Galore: Advertise other events or promotions right to your event attendees. With outdoor and indoor displays, you can be sure they won’t miss a thing.
- Safety First: Keep everyone in the loop with health and safety messages. Display ‘do’s and don’ts’ to make sure everyone follows the rules. You can even create an interrupt to show on screens in the event of a building evacuation to direct people to the most appropriate meeting point, reducing confusion and speeding up the process.
- Staffing : Let touchscreen displays handle self-registration (it’s something an increasing number of hotels are adopting to improve efficiency) or food and drink orders at arenas and stadia and take the pressure off staff.
- Cross-Selling: For hotels hosting conferences or events, you can use screens to suggest to your guests that they have a nice dinner in the hotel’s restaurant before they hit the road, or that they take up a special one-off delegate room rate and stay the night.
- Wow Factor: Give your event the wow factor it deserves. Use impactful imagery on brands on screens inside and around the venue to create make it seem more dynamic and energising and to create a sense of occasion.
- Sponsorship Boost: Make your sponsors happy by offering them airtime on digital signage. Let them showcase their content before, after, or during the event. It’s a win-win for everyone.
As you can see, digital signage is a multi-functional tool. It can help event organisers and venue managers to make sure their event/venue has the right look and feel, that everyone can see what’s going on, and that everything runs like clockwork.
So, there you have it. If you’re interested in upgrading and modernising your venue, why not get in touch and see what Saturn can do for you?
If you’re a hotel with event space and are considering digital signage, check out our blog and get a deeper dive into why it’s a must.
For stadiums and arenas, why not read our blog on about how digital signage could benefit your venue.
Ready to make an impact?
Get in touch now for competitive prices, good advice, & slick project delivery